Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rug Lust

It's been a while, eh? Well, I've been busy. Finals are in two weeks and I have yet to begin my analysis papers and portfolio but the freaker is I haven't even begun to study for the Survey of Art History class. For some reason, those tests are bru-tal. Maybe because I'm a retard at dates. I can't even remember today's date and it's the same all day! (bah-dah-dum!) But alas, when finals are through I will have a slew of drawings and maybe a few in pastel. I haven't really fused any new glass but that's because I am afraid of cutting my finger like I did last time. Oh, and since Mother's Day is around the corner and I have no idea what to do or get for my mom that won't end up in a yard sale the next season, I decided I'd make her a tweed blanket. I'll post a pic when it's done, or maybe when it's halfway done. I also started a camel colored organic cotton market bag, again. People want to buy them from me but they think $150 is overpriced. Sorry, folks, but those bags take about 20+ hours to make and about $20 in yarn. I'll be happy to teach you how to make your own though!

I am obsessed with this rug. I love asymmetry and muted colors (especially with blue). I can't afford to buy an $800 rug, but I could probably whip something out very similar with cotton yarn and a lot
of time. Suggestions? Or if you wanna buy it and send it to me because you really want me to have it, I can give you my address. (Yeah, right) I once saw a tutorial on how to make rugs using felt, but I'm clumsy and need something extremely durable...and probably washable. (as my friend, Matt, can attest I spill everything) Maybe I can modify this design into a cotton runner for my bathroom or hallway. I dunno, but it just made the Project List.


No comments: